Nature Air carriers consist of Dehavilland DHC Twin Otter series 300, Beechcraft King Air E90 and a Cessna 208B Grand Caravan. The fleet was selected for optimal comfort, improved fuel efficiency and in 2004 became the first certified carbon neutral airline worldwide, compensating for 100% of its carbon emissions from flight operations. The best way to travel consciously through environmentally sensitive areas, this particular airline has chosen to support reforestation and conservation programs to help combat the impacts of deforestation in Costa Rica.
Nature Air offers 74 daily flights to 15 destinations, Arenal, Drake bay, Golfito, Liberia, Nosara, Palmar Sur, Puerto Jimenez, Punta Islita, Quepos, San Jose, Tamarindo, Tambor, Tortuguero, and two international flights to Bocas del Toro in Panama and Managua in Nicaragua. Private charters are also available.
SANSA has proudly served Costa Rica for over 30 years, and in 2007 also upgraded to a carbon neutral airline that boasts world class safety technology featuring a new fleet (7 years) of Cessna Grand Caravans. With SANSA Regional you can enjoy frequent flyer programs associated with United Airlines, Lufthansa, Iberia, along with other partners around the world that include accrued or redeemed miles/points with major hotel chains, credit cards, rent-a-cars to a coffee at starbucks or even a helicopter trip through Manhattan!
Direct flights last between 15 min and an hour with a cost between $40 and $150 each way (plus airport taxes, and fuel surcharge). Both airlines serve essentially the same outlying destinations and start and end in San Jose.
TRAVELING TIPS FOR DOMESTIC FLIGHTS.
– make reservations in advance.
– Baggage weight is limited to 25 lbs. per passenger. Make advance arrangements for oversized items like surf boards, bicycles, and scuba and camping gear regardless of weight. These are small planes.
– Some of the displayed flights are not available every day or in the low season. Check online reservation forms beforehand while planning your trip.
– keep your camera handy, the views are spectacular to say the least.
– be at the airport terminal at least an hour before your flight.